WARBIRDS OF MARS - www.warbirdsofmars.com
ADVENTURES OF THE 19XX - www.the19xx.com/bookthree/?lat…
EVEN DEATH MAY DIE - strangeaeons.comicdish.com/ind…
|More Journal Entries|
|WELCOME to DieselPunkMachine, accepting art related to Dieselpunk! |
What is Dieselpunk?
Dieselpunk is the recently-coined name for a subgenre that has existed for decades. Named for the engine that gave us the modern automobile, airplane, navy and war vehicle, dieselpunk represents the aesthetic of the two World Wars, the interbellum period and the immediate post-war period. Dieselpunk combines the artistic and literary influences of the early 20th century (including pulp magazines, Art Deco, serial films, film noir, radio dramas, wartime pin-ups and contemporary art) with postmodern technology and sensibilities. Where steampunk ends, dieselpunk begins!
Membership: Just Click JOIN above or comment saying you want to join and an Invite will be sent out over the air-waves to you.
- Dieselpunk only. This isn't the right venue for steampunk, general sci-fi or general war-themed art. Steampunk images will be declined, even if they're really good.
- Diesel-related images (noir, pulp, art deco, Roaring '20s, World War-related) may be accepted if they have the right postmodern sensibility and craft.
- Vintage photos, scans, and photos of historical objects aren't dieselpunk per se, but they're of interest, so they should be sorted into the 'Related' category.
- Raygun Gothic / Fallout / 1950s sci-fi / "atompunk" isn't really dieselpunk, but it is related. Art of this style will be accepted and sorted into its own folder.
- No Nerf weapons or squirt guns. Your Maverick is not anything-punk, no matter what shade of brown you paint it.
- Be nice, have fun and stay diesel!